Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2001 FD232GS OB, Under Seat Compartments along bow issues (loose, not draining)

seldisplaced
seldisplaced Member Posts: 7
Have an older Fundeck.  Noticed the compartments under the bow seats both sides aren’t draining.  There is no tube just hole in back, that looks like should drain just into hull to bilge.  It looks like right under that hole is the bottom of boat.

However, also noticed that these “bins” under the seats seem like maybe they came loose and have fallen down.  Maybe previous owner had something heavy in there and they dropped.  Is there some way to raise these back up.  Obviously they seem like they were built in before boat was put together.  So no access.

thanks.  If you need more details let me know.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really sure how to reinstall a dropped bin (posting pictures of the condition always helps).  The drains do drain into the bilge area.  If the bins didn't drop down and the existing ones don't have the ability to drain, then you can always drill a hole on the side panel facing the stern where the bottom and side panel meet.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• seldisplaced
    seldisplaced Member Posts: 7
    I’ll have to see if there is someway I can get a picture of what I’m talking about.  It’s not really noticeable and I wouldn’t have noticed it had they been draining normally.