Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Gear drive reservoir leak

Options
luigi9801
luigi9801 Member Posts: 3
I have a 2007 Hurricane GS 232 ever since I bought the bought I noticed a bit of a leak from the bottom of the reservoir. At one point I replace the reservoir and tighten the nut/sensor. Now its doing it again. Have other owners experienced the same problem? It could be that the hose that comes from the bottom is too short and with motor vibration it starts moving the nut/sensor.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It might help if you provide the engine/drive system you have.  If you were talking about the hydraulic steering reservoir, it would help to mention the brand system installed.   Also, posting pictures help members better identify the condition you are describing.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• luigi9801
    luigi9801 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for your recommendation. I am new to the forum. I took it to the local dealer. They told me that near the transom there are some fittings where it was leaking. They charged me 2 hrs of labor. I think that was a bit pricey.