Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Soon to be newbie

ChiknNutz
ChiknNutz Member Posts: 45
edited July 2021 in General Questions
In the process of buying a nice 2018 Fundeck 226F with a Yamaha 150. Will be my first owned boat, but not new to boating in general!  Anything in particular a new owner should do aside from just enjoy the crap outta the thing?  Located in north central NC for reference.

Hope y’all are enjoying a safe Independence Day!  Freedom is not free. 
-Chris
2018 FD226F w/150 Yamaha & 2021 MagicTilt TCA2460W trailer

Comments

• ChiknNutz
    ChiknNutz Member Posts: 45
    I think one of the first items is a proper cover.  This one comes with the seat covers but not a complete cover.  Based on what I've read so far, having one custom made locally is likely the best option.  While I do have a shop I can fit the boat in, it is not ideal for frequent in/out so the boat will likely be stored outside the bulk of the time.  Ideally, a hybrid travel/storage cover would be what I need.  I've also thought about a metal carport, but the cover is the likely option in the short term.
    -Chris
    2018 FD226F w/150 Yamaha & 2021 MagicTilt TCA2460W trailer
  • mks
    mks Member Posts: 46
     Boat insurance. Not a spokes person for Boat US but it has more than paid for itself for both help on the water and one trailering episode.