Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Lights don’t work

I have a 2018 hurricane CC21 and none of my lights work; nav lights, anchor light, courtesy lights, or the underwater lights. I’ve replaced 2 relays under the center console and still nothing. All the other switches work; horn, bilge, washdown, chart plotter. Any ideas? 

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    You may also want to check back by the battery probably located by the transom.  There are in-line fuses or coming off the positive terminal of the battery.  One or more of those fuses may be blown and/or the fuse holder corroded (this is a common problem area due to its location inside the hull.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• lazydaysx4
    lazydaysx4 Member Posts: 16
    If everything else is working, it is probably a loose or broken pigtail or jumper connection behind the switch. You can try to fit under the helm if your are slim or remove the screws from the console and pull it out slightly to access the rear of the toggle switches. With the battery and master switch on - turn your light switch on and gently wiggle and lift the wires connected to the light toggle switch. If the lights flicker on and off it is a loose connection or broken pigtail. Push the connection in tight and see if the lights stay on. If they don’t, pull the connection off and inspect the jumper to see if it is broken and replace. A broken pigtail or jumper will look like the attached pictures. The connections are under stress and with boats taking a beating and stress, they eventually wear and the metal snaps. Lime bending a thin piece of wire back and forth until it snaps.  
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Pictures help a lot!   Great response.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• yindrys
    yindrys Member Posts: 1
    We are having the same problem 
  • KenCat
    KenCat Member Posts: 2
    What did you find was the problem with your lights?  I am having what seems to be the same problem