Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Shouldn't the Ski Locker actually accommodate skis?!

Options
ChiknNutz
ChiknNutz Member Posts: 45
edited September 2021 in General Discussions
Have a 2018 Fundeck 226F and just bought a used slalom water ski.  Not having any other real way to check if it would fit, nor would I have any inkling that a ski would not fit in there, I attempted to put said ski into the locker.  I tried every possible configuration I could think of to get it to fit but no way.  No way will it fit, probably a good 6 inches too long and this is on the shorter side of men's waters skis at 67" long.  

I am so ticked off right now, what an engineering blunder (and I can say that as I am a mechanical engineer).  The locker itself is plenty long, but the f'n opening is too short.  Now if the locker were longer, it would probably work, but all they had to do was make the opening longer.  I am really tempted to make the opening bigger if I can find a bigger door...good luck with that I suppose, huh?
-Chris
2018 FD226F w/150 Yamaha & 2021 MagicTilt TCA2460W trailer

Comments

• ChiknNutz
    Options
    I did locate a larger hatch, in case anyone else wants to use the ski locker for what seems like its intended purpose.

https://www.dpimarineinc.com/DPF1340
    -Chris
  • ChiknNutz
    Options
    I bought the larger hatch and did the work.  Now it actually will fit a ski, imagine that.  Surprised are how tough the H/C floor is, the top skin is really thick.  I went through 4 brand new blades, it would barely cut about 1 inch before I could tell it was getting dull, just had to force it thru.  Sealed with Manus-Bond marine sealant.  Anyway, not a bad job overall.
    -Chris