Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

I just ordered a 235 SD OB, with Yamaha F250XB

martone
martone Member Posts: 16
Even though my new Hurricane 235 SD OB will not arrive for about 6 months, I would like to know of any owners of the same boat, so that I can learn about things such as which are the best fenders to buy for this boat.  Thank you in advance.

Comments

• martone
    Perhaps there aren’t any 235 SD OB owners on this forum?
    I hope I didn’t order the wrong boat.
  • RobertHan
    RobertHan Member Posts: 28
    To make sure that your marine boat fenders are suitable for your vessel, you have to determine the right size. It will be based on your boat length and weight, as well as the mooring area. You also have to consider the windy and choppy waters. You may need more fenders that are even larger when there are special cases like hurricane force winds.
  • ChiknNutz
    ChiknNutz Member Posts: 45
    martone said:
    Perhaps there aren’t any 235 SD OB owners on this forum?
    I hope I didn’t order the wrong boat.
    Difficult to say.  I think the biggest issue since I've been on here is simply lack of active people on this forum.  I am pretty disappointed with the lack of activity on here.
    -Chris
    2018 FD226F w/150 Yamaha & 2021 MagicTilt TCA2460W trailer
  • martone
    Thank you for your comments.
    I agree; with Hurricane claiming to be the biggest deck boat supplier in the world, I would have expected more use/traffic on this forum.
  • RobertHan
    RobertHan Member Posts: 28
    martone said:
    Even though my new Hurricane 235 SD OB will not arrive for about 6 months, I would like to know of any owners of the same boat, so that I can learn about things such as which are the best fenders to buy for this boat.  Thank you in advance.
    I am avid boaters. I finally purchased my first every brand new boat. I want to ensure my new addition is protected. The shape of these MISSION bouys have been perfect. The shape keeps them tight to the side. I meet up with friends and create a "redneck yacht". The bouy style stay put when connected to their boats. The quick connect of these bouys is great also as compared to the ropes I used previously.
  • mks
    mks Member Posts: 46
    Good for you being proactive in search for beneficial stuff for your boat. In my enthusiasm to get stuff for my new to me 2007 217SD OB, I got a lot of unnecessary stuff that sits in my shed taking up room...
  • ChiknNutz
    RobertHan said:
    martone said:
    I am avid boaters. I finally purchased my first every brand new boat. I want to ensure my new addition is protected. The shape of these MISSION bouys have been perfect. The shape keeps them tight to the side. I meet up with friends and create a "redneck yacht". The bouy style stay put when connected to their boats. The quick connect of these bouys is great also as compared to the ropes I used previously.
    Thanks for the info, those look slick.  Where did you buy them?  I found them on Amazon for $72, is that the going rate?
    -Chris
  • martone
    Thank you for the great info on fenders!
    I’m enjoying reading and learning while I wait for 6+ months for my 2022 Hurricane 235 Sun Deck OB.  I’m hoping that I made the right choice by paying extra for the bigger Yamaha 250hp motor.
  • ChiknNutz
    Doubt you will ever regret going bigger on the motor, almost impossible.  While I am plenty happy with my 150, a 200 would be even better (the max for this boat).  I top out at 40 MPH with a typical load, might be able to get a touch more with fewer peeps but so far that has been plenty fast for my needs.
    -Chris
  • martone
    Thanks for your reply. I was told before the 2022 orders were being taken, the biggest engine available on the 235 SD OB was the Yamaha 200hp.  Now they offer the 250hp option as the largest engine; so that’s what I selected.