Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Replacement Helm (Dash) Panels

Options
13»

Comments

• brpickett
    brpickett Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Are the panels on a 2004 GS232 interchangable with the newer SS232? From the online photos I've looked at I can see very little change in design, the only differance I can see is repositioning of the gauges.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From the pictures I've seen I would tend to agree with you.  Unfortunately, Hurricane can't verify items like this on models 2005 and older.  Maybe a dealer in your area might have a current SS 232 in stock for you to take a look at.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• callforbids
    callforbids Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Options
    Hello friends! Am glad to see everyone is happy with A D & D's replacement panels. I have just completed my third replacement set. The first was mine and the other two were friends. Several notes I want to pass on:
    1. Some of the gauges are pretty tight and you might have to use a Dremel tool to expand the gauge hole 1/32 to 1/16 inch to fit.

2. I got Ed Murphy a set of these and that is what he did. One of the installs didn't require any enlarging. I am going to go over to AD & D and talk to Joe (Isabel's son) and see whether he can slightly change the diameter on his templates.

3. I made a little printout on my computer of the circuit breaker positions. I printed it out and then took it to Staples and had it laminated. I store it in the glove box under the helm seat, but haven't had to use it yet.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2016.

Steve
  • sabre6hurricane
    sabre6hurricane Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Can[t seem to find AD & D. Need a replacement dash. Thanks.
  • rawpowersd2400
    rawpowersd2400 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I recently had them make me a custom panel for my 2014 SD 2400, they did a great job.
    Here is my post and pictures.

http://hurricaneboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/2828/adding-larger-gps-unit-to-hurricane-sd-2400#

A D&D Plastics Corp
    901 NE 27th Lane Ste 1
    Cape Coral FL
    239-772-9515

• FL4995LM
    FL4995LM Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Try an old-fashioned Dymo Label Maker.  This is what I did on my Hurricane, and they look great and last.  Besides, you can always make another label if they fade or fall off which I don't think they will.  You can purchase a Dymo from WalMart for about 15 dollars.  I use them for making labels for all kinds of equipment, for instance my tool box drawers where they work great.
  • FL4995LM
    FL4995LM Member Posts: 8
    Options
    PS:  This is the Dymo that uses a black plastic strip in which you impress white lettering by hand with a wheel that turns to line up the letter you wish to press in.  Very durable and a good adhesive.