Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

How to install bow trolling motor on a SD 187 OB?

Options
2»

Comments

• MichelBee
    MichelBee Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Options

I was able to use all 4 holes by going straight back with the motor.  The bolts are also going through a wood backing underneath and silicone was applied between the puck and the platform. Everything else will break before that puck actually moves.

I reversed the motor on the plate and only used 4 of the 6 holes to attach the motor. This moves everything forward so the shaft is several inches from the edge.

The problem with this setup comes from the fact that the pivot point for the weight is in front of the puck. This puts more stress on the locking pin that must support the weight of the motor.

I will probably add a plate between puck (MKA-22 Adapter plate). This will support the motor and remove the stress on the pin.

The reason I went straight back is because I felt that it left the swim platform available for use.