Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Recommendations for mounting a Minn Kota saltwater troller to a 187 OB

Options
2»

Comments

• jhuntdesign
    jhuntdesign Member Posts: 13
    Options
  • jhuntdesign
    Options
  • jhuntdesign
    Options
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Great pics   Thanks @ssrider for providing them and @jhuntdesign for posting.

So in defense of the dealer and much to what was mentioned earlier, you'll never get all 6 bolts fastened but when used with a stainless bolt/washer/lock washer, 3-4 will hold it in place without any concerns.

Good luck on the installation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • ssrider
    ssrider Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Options

It holds just fine. I will say though, if you have your trolling motor on full power going in reverse "which isn't very often" there is a little flex that i don't like. If you left your trolling motor attached to your boat the whole year and didn't use the quick release much, it would help to put one more bolt into the boat going though the back corner of the main plate that the motor is attached to, to make up for the overhang of the base plate. I never did tho.  At least not yet, image

2004 SD 217 i/o
  • caseycherish08
    caseycherish08 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I am going through the exact same situation right now. Can you tell me if you used the RTA17 plate?
  • caseycherish08
    caseycherish08 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Ok project complete. I used the RTA17 plate but flipped it to give more room for clearance. Then you have to cut a notch so the motor locks into place. I let the mounting deck puck hang over just a few mm to give plenty of clearance between the shaft and the run rail. Hopes this helps any one else installing the riptide 70SP 54" ipilot motor.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice install Casey, and nice boat too!

Let us know how it performs.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer