Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

New install on Hurricane GS 202

Options
13»

Comments

• EzGoinFlGuy
    EzGoinFlGuy Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Options
    What's with all the little boxes in the text body of the messages??  Curious!

EzGoinFlGuy
    2004 GS 202
    Yamaha 150-4 Stroke
    Brooksville, FL

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    Little boxes? Not seeing those! Maybe they are photos your browser isn't allowing you to see ?
  • EzGoinFlGuy
    Options

Capt Steve,

Went back to see where they were, they're gone. The boxes were randomly in place of the first letter of a word in several places throughout the paragraph in my post or reply. Probably my laptop. No Biggie anyway! :o)

EzGoinFlGuy
    2004 GS 202
    Yamaha 150-4 Stroke
    Brooksville, FL

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    EzGoinFlGuy...we may have had a weird piece of renegade code going through the forum...thanks for letting me know. Must stay ahead of the idiot spammers.
  • EzGoinFlGuy
    Options

Another update, hopefully the last in regards to the MK ipilot install. It's all done (I hope). I'm not a fan of the MK RTA17 Quick Release Mount and do not it recommend for the '04 GS202. However I did take CJJ's advise & look into King Starboard to beef up the RTA17's mounting puck. It's not the slick mount I had hoped for, but it definitely beefed up the mounting puck, that product is awesome..

Had to mount the motor front to rear, not diagonally like originally planned. Other than the mount issue it turned out well. Oh yeah, bought a 3 bank charger too!. I'm all set!!

Just went to the lake yesterday to learn how to control the iPilot, interesting! My foot still wants to steer!  :o) This is going to take a little more practice.

Thanks again GUYS!

EZ

EzGoinFlGuy
    2004 GS 202
    Yamaha 150-4 Stroke
    Brooksville, FL

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Looks fantastic EZ.  Nice installation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great install EZ!  Thanks for posting the great pictures.  It's good to know that the StarBoard material matches the color of the Minn Kota puck.  It also looks like the extra height of the StarBoard panel helped in clearance for the top of the motor to clear the front deck entryway step-down a bit better too.

VERY cool!!!
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• EzGoinFlGuy
    edited September 2013
    Options

Thanks Guys, by sheer luck the extra height of the King Starboard made a good fit. After drilling, counter sinking  and routing on both pieces, I think the RTA 17 mount is also made with King Starboard material. And yes it is easy to work with, super stuff!!

Played with the iPilot yesterday (9/15) and it will take getting used to...

EZ

EzGoinFlGuy
    2004 GS 202
    Yamaha 150-4 Stroke
    Brooksville, FL