Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Water in ski locker

Options
2»

Comments

• tone100
    tone100 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Options
    Wow. I definantly don't have any holes like that. Amazing that hurricane forgot to drill them. Sucks for me. Going to cost $100 in gas to take it to the dealer to fix it. I guess Steve never heard back from hurricane about drilling holes.

Thank you so much for taking and posting these. I'll go ahead and do the front ones. That should help some for now.
    2011 SS 188 OB
    Yamaha F150
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@tone100, weird they didn't get drilled but good that you now know and get remedy it really easily.  On some of the older Hurricanes, they were a molded PVC liner with the drain holes molded in them.

There is nothing below there if you stay ahead 6-12 inches if you decide to do it yourself.  And as you can kind of see from the pics, once you drill any of the holes, I'd treat the exposed holes with something to keep water from penetrating the exposed wood.

Always happy to help a fellow Hurricane owner....Our kind has to stick together :))   Happy boating!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    tone100 said:
    Wow. I definantly don't have any holes like that. Amazing that hurricane forgot to drill them. Sucks for me. Going to cost $100 in gas to take it to the dealer to fix it. I guess Steve never heard back from hurricane about drilling holes. Thank you so much for taking and posting these. I'll go ahead and do the front ones. That should help some for now.
    Hey @tone100 ... please contact Terri at Hurricane directly about this before you drill. Her direct email is tgipson@nauticglobalgroup.com
  • tone100
    Options
    Terry said to go ahead drill holes the floor with a small bit. I'll give it a shot.

Love this board.
    2011 SS 188 OB
    Yamaha F150
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    That makes me feel MUCH better about this project @tone100 ... whew! 
  • tone100
    Options
    I drilled a couple of holes so we'll see what happens. There appears to be several inches of dead space between the bottom of the locker and the hull.
    2011 SS 188 OB
    Yamaha F150