Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Live Well Question

Epavuk
Epavuk Member Posts: 26
This is probably a very elementary question, but the owners manual doesn't have a lot of information on the live well.    I've yet to use my live well for storing my bait.  When I buy live bait, especially shrimp, the bait store always tell me to not put the bait in the water and to leave it in the bucket (with an air rator).  I think here in Florida, the water is too warm compared to what they use in their tanks.   How exactly does the live well work?  Does it recirculate water from outside of the boat or could I fill it with the bucket of water I get my bait from? 

Comments

• nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭

@epavuk.  Your livewell draws water from the intake under your boat, circulates it into your livewell, and the overflow/drain goes back out to a return line.  The circulation provides a continuous supply of fresh oxygenated water.

If the outside water is too warm, then you'd have to skip the livewell, and use a container with an aerator in it which instead of circulating new water already oxygenated, will simply add air to the water for the live bait to survive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer