Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

How to get base plate off

Options
ohiotj
ohiotj Member Posts: 0
I have a 2006 sd260. It has a co captain seat right in front of the door to the cabin. I tried to unscrew the Phillips head screws that go from the base plate into the floor. All of the screws just kept spinning. Is there any trick to getting these screws out so I don't have to have the second chair there? There is no access to the bottom side on the floor where the screws are located.

Comments

• ohiotj
    ohiotj Member Posts: 0
    Options
    Any one got some info or ideas? I left a message with hurricane and they never bothered to call me back. I really need to get this out so I can put a seat there for my daughter.
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I checked with my dealer and Hurricane and they both said that the pedestal bases are bolt through.  That means the nuts underneath the deck are spinning with the bolt head.  If you can get enough upward pressure on the bolt(s) to keep the nut underneath from spinning you might get lucky in removing them.  If not, your options are to cut an access plate hole near the base to access the bolts underneath, or drill the bolt heads out (which is what my dealer says he usually does).

If you want to re-install a base in the future, I would recommend using a product like a Snaptoggle (which comes in stainless steel), which allows for installation AND future removal:

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer