Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

New Boat Canvas Sagging and holding Water

cregeis1
cregeis1 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
I have a new Hurricane Sumdeck 2200 DC and the canvas playpen covers are already sagging and holding water and I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and what they did to remedy the situation.  The front cover holds water right over the driver's side front seat so I can not add an additional support as it would be on top of the cushion.  The boat is normally in a boat house so they haven't really even be out in the weather very much.  Thanks for any help!

Comments

• DavidPJ
    DavidPJ Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    This has gradually happened to my Sunbrella cover as well. I stand a fender on top of the seats of the front and rear corners to prop up the cover tightly. I use the same fenders as my docking fenders and it works great.
    1999 Fundeck GS-201, Teal, Honda 200HP
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Covers all stretch with time.  I have adjustable support poles that take up the slack and I haven't had any issues with sagging.

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    No sagging here, just extent the support poles like cjjjdeck said and it should tighten it up.
  • cregeis1
    cregeis1 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I have extended the poles and the cover is extremely tight except in one area over the front drivers side seat.  I feel like the grommets need to be adjusted or is there some way to heat shrink the cover in that area.  I have the same issue in the back as well.  Does anyone know if this is a coverable warranty issue as the boat is less than a year old?
  • cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Your boat is covered for everything for 1 year.  Yes, by all means, get in touch with your dealer to get the cover fixed or replaced.

If you were outside of the warranty, I would have suggested you go to a reliable marine upholster to address the sag issue.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• arnieitz
    arnieitz Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2015 Hurricane 2486.  The bow cover sags & collects water on both the port & starboard sides. I have what I believe is a good solution and I did pass it on to Hurricane tech support.  I got two of the extension poles from my dealer.  These poles do not have the snap fitting on the end.  I put some soft Velcro on one end of the pole and fastened it with a tie wrap. I am able to take the bow lounge cushions and lift the rear of the cushions up enough to move them slightly to the center of the boat.  This gives enough room to hold the extension poles in place and take up the sagging in the cover.  The Velcro side of my pole is against the cover to protect it against abrasion.  I might get some reinforcement sewn in those areas.  
    Regards,
    Arnie
    Regards,
    Arnie