Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Parts Availibility Gripe

I have a 2007 SD 237. To me the boat is not old and from time to time I have needed parts.  I get the same old song from my dealer that the part is no longer made.  This is my first hurricane and probably my last due to this issue.  I have owned a Sea Ray, Chaparral, Bayliner and Chris Craft.  I have never ever had parts problems like I do with the Hurricane.  My latest issue is that of wanting to purchase the full cockpit enclosure. I call Ingaman Marina in Sarasota and as usual the enclosure is not made anymore.!  So what does one do ?  I do not want to have one custom made. I want the factory one.  Any thoughts ? In addition I would love to see a pic of the enclosure. Thanks in advance.

Jerry

Comments

• omar174
    omar174 Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Ebay may be your only option if you want factory. You might get lucky and someone will list one. 

You are absolutely right about factory parts availability, it sucks. 
    2003 GS211 Yamaha 150 HP OX66
  • 89checkmate
    89checkmate Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    That sucks, I haven't had to replace anything on mine yet but it sounds like a challenge, A few years ago I had to replace the entire interior in my 89' Checkmate, just gave them serial number and they sent it out, I was very impressed that I could get parts exactly what I needed just by the serial number on a 25 year old boat, they still had all the info on it, what colors it was, options it had, motor it was sold with and the dealer that sold it.
  • omar174
    omar174 Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Well, the company was just bought out by Bennington. Hopefully they try to address the issue. 

It's amazing to me that a company which makes such a great deck boat can be so bad at supporting older models. 
    2003 GS211 Yamaha 150 HP OX66