Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

New guy project, Part II

Options
2»

Comments

• Team36Grit
    Team36Grit Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Options
    Finally found a motor a couple weeks ago, had been looking for months, ended-up buying a 1990 Stratos for the motor. photo P3190014_zps6l8ujugq.jpg photo P3190012_zpsf3mrtv55.jpg photo P3220017_zpsygovbhkk.jpg Maintenance wasn't a priority, section of fuel line. photo P3210015_zpsscymmnp0.jpg
  • Team36Grit
    Options
    In the process of ordering parts to rebuild (6) carbs, along with replacing fuel bowls (which had a problem with warpage), thermostats, water pump, plugs, seals, etc. Been painting motor parts in the meanwhile. photo P3290005_zpsbdoxyukz.jpg Did also modify Stratos controls to work on my console, just need longer cables now. Also planning to add hydraulic steering. photo P3280014_zpskpqmei59.jpg The cowl louver vents were broken, and no longer available, so I made new covers, and will screen the back sides to keep wasps out. photo P3280013_zpsldxkvgam.jpg
  • Team36Grit
    Options
    Well, that's about it in a nutshell. Sorry for order of pics, but I bounced-around while waiting on parts/materials. LOL, I'm tired from just posting.
  • FlyingV5
    FlyingV5 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Man alive! I was really impressed until I realized it's April 1st.
  • powerhouse
    powerhouse Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Options
    I hope this wasn't an April fool joke because this was an awesome build.
    2002 FD196F/Yamaha 115
  • nomad
    nomad Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options
    Very cool.  That is one awesome fishing boat.
    2013 SS 188 i/o 4.3 Mercruiser