Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

gs 232 taking on water

Options
luigi9801
luigi9801 Member Posts: 3
edited June 2021 in Engine Discussions
I have a 2007 Hurricane GS 232 and just noticed that water was filling the bilge. I drained the bilge and slowly started to lower the boat to see where the water was coming from. I initially thought it would come from the rear of the boat as there a few drain holes. To my surprise the water started coming from the middle of the hull. I am trying to find a way to inspect that area of the hull from the inside. Any ideas? tomorrow I am lifting the boat all the way to see the hull from below to see if there is a crack.

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only through-hull fitting at the mid-point of the outer hull that I know of is the galley sink drain.  Usually that drain rides above the waterline of the boat and isn't submerged.  Unless someone installed a thru-hull depth finder transducer in the bottom of the hull.  Hurricane usually installs an inside-the-hull transducer that shoots through the hull so no holes are drilled.

Transducer Types:

2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer