Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Fun Deck 196 Transom and Stringers

Alright, here's my problem... I've got a '90(?) fun deck 19'. Absolutely love the boat, but it's had a rough life. The floor started rotting around the helm, which is to be expected of a boat that old. But, it prompted me to check my transom... lo and behold I drill a little hole out (had to install a depth finder anyways) and water pours out. Drill out a few older holes from previous attachments and they're all wet too. If I knock on the bottom half of the transom, its a dull thud like rotten wood. Knock on the top and it sounds solid. Still want to replace it tho. 

My biggest question is about the stringers though... are they completely screwed? I've heard they were built into the transom... If that's the case, is there any way to repair from the back of the boat without cutting the top off? 

No, new boat is not an option. Yes, I am willing to spend ours of hard labor to fix the POS. But is it possible? 

Any help is appreciated, and thankyou in advance. 

Comments