Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Cup Holders

Options
NoFire
NoFire Member Posts: 3
My 2002 217 SD's cup holders are all falling apart from age/sun.  These are the replaceable cups.  Does anyone know where to get the replacements? The ones I have are white plastic, but stainless would be OK as well. 

Comments

• cjjjdeck
    cjjjdeck Member, Moderator Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You may have some choices if you can get the holders out of the hull easily (from what I've seen, most use foam tape backing along the rim).  You need to determine what size hole was cut for the holders (usually 3" or 3 1/2").  Knowing that will determine what to buy.  I would definitely recommend stainless steel.

If you can't get them from your Hurricane Dealer, most on-line and catalog marine suppliers (Overton's, iBoats, Defender, etc.) have recessed stainless steel cup holders in a variety of popular sizes.
    2012 SD237 I/O Mercruiser 5.0L MPI ECT/ Bravo 3
    2012 Load Rite Elite Tandem axle trailer

• pbolden
    pbolden Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Options
    Hello  NoFire,

I also needed replacement cup holders.  Got them last year from Overton. 2 for $9.98.

"Plastic Drink Holder, 3-1/2" White Item #75764"

Paul Bolden
    United States Coast Guard Aux, VFC, FSO-VE
  • mreynolds4
    mreynolds4 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    What did you use to make them stay in place, mine blow out.

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 416 admin
    Options
    Surely a bead of marine-grade silicone would work, right? 
  • nquirk
    nquirk Member, Moderator Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SS cups should stay in place better than the plastic but as Capt_Steve pointed out, a bead of marine grade silicone will hold them.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Hurricane SS 188 OB
    2010 Mercury Optimax 200HP / Mercury SS High Five 19P
    2010 Trailmaster SC trailer
  • haberman
    haberman Member Posts: 3
    Options
    One OEM cup holder blew out, so I purchased 4.  Murphy's insurance:  if you have a spare you don't loose any more!   Tactic worked 28 years for me with a spare prop amid rocky waters. 
  • EvanL
    EvanL Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I found the direct replacement plastic cup holders along with stainless ones that fit at ReplacementBoatParts.com
  • caseynettles
    caseynettles Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    Options
    I just replaced all 12 of mine on the exact same year SD with stainless ones I got on Amazon... you can get nice looking 4 packs for around $20.
  • instymp
    instymp Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for the SS recommendations, never knew they had them, ordered 4 tonight!
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    You'll be glad you bought them!

• instymp
    instymp Member Posts: 14
    Options
    I do like them a lot!
  • cpufixer1
    cpufixer1 Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Options
    Here's who makes on the ones on my 2014 http://www.itc-marine.com/
  • DavidPJ
    DavidPJ Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Options
    Anyone know of a stainless steel cup holder that will really fit a 3-3/4" diameter hole? I've tried 2 different stainless steel cup holders with the first one being too small and the second try too large. The plastic cup holders I have now fit perfectly and are snug. I would like to replace all 7 plastic cup holders with stainless steel to class up the boat a bit. But, I won't bother if I have to enlarge the existing holes to make them fit.
    1999 Fundeck GS-201, Teal, Honda 200HP
  • cjjjdeck
    Options
    Check out these made by ITC Marine and see if they might be what you have.  They are the exact ones used on my boat.  There is a dimension chart that should be useful.

http://www.itc-marine.com/product/stepped-bottom-stainless-steel-drink-holder/

• DavidPJ
    DavidPJ Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks cjjdeck. Do you know if the cup holder holes in your boat are 3-3/4 inches? Looks like a nice cup holder.
    1999 Fundeck GS-201, Teal, Honda 200HP